November 2023 – New Details
These new details are the first half of a two part set exploring slate roof details. The set explores traditional slate roof construction, looking at how different junctions are detailed using traditional lead, to complement these, we then demonstrate alternative options.
All the roof details are based on a cold roof construction with insulation at ceiling level. These details would be useful for those looking to improve an existing structure or for extension projects where you are looking to match the existing style.
Lead is a toxic material, and not recommend for new construction, however it is still used in conservation projects and listed buildings.
This set of slate roof details consists of:
- Traditional slate roof lead roll ridge detail
- Traditional slate roof mitred ridge tile detail
- Traditional slate roof mitred hip detail
- Traditional slate roof ridge tiled hip detail
- Inline / flush roof vent slate roof detail
- Mansard slate transition slate roof detail
- Valley gutter lead detail traditional slate roof
- Mitred valley detail traditional slate roof
- Eaves detail to 150mm masonry cavity wall with traditional slate roof
- Eaves detail to solid masonry wall with traditional slate roof
- Flush eaves to 150mm masonry cavity wall with traditional slate roof
- Clipped eaves to solid masonry wall with traditional slate roof
Stay tuned to the website as we continue to develop and release exciting new construction details every month!
Check out this month’s full set below.